Businesses have just days left to make a claim for staff furloughed in November, with the deadline ending on 14 December 2020.
Businesses can claim before, during or after they process their payroll, as long as the claim is submitted by this key deadline.
In future, all claims for periods starting on or after 1 November 2020 must be submitted within 14 calendar days after the month they relate to – unless this falls on a weekend, in which case the deadline is the next weekday.
The start of December also marks further changes to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS), including:
- A ban on claiming CJRS grants for any days that your employee is serving a contractual or statutory notice period.
- The publication of names, an indication of the value of claims and company registration numbers of employers who make CJRS claims.
- Addition of claims information to employees’ Personal Tax Accounts for periods from December 2020 onwards.
It is essential that you meet this upcoming deadline to ensure you have the funds necessary to pay furloughed staff members.
For help and advice, contact our expert team today.
Latest posts by Accountants in London (see all)
- UK economy shrinks less than first feared after second national lockdown, economists reveal - January 15, 2021
- Self Assessment: thousands spread tax liabilities in response to coronavirus disruption - January 14, 2021
- Self-Assessment: HMRC set to waive fines for late returns due to COVID-19 - January 13, 2021